Monday, October 26, 2009

No Pride in the Bride or Prejudice

*Dream from the eve of March 17th, 2008*

I'm riding on the train into town to do some shopping.  My sister is with me and we bump into one of my friends from uni, Megan.  She is very 'artistically' dressed.  Her hair is dark brown, cut into the same style as mine with long pieces as the front and shorter at the back.  She is wearing bright blue eyeshadow that is the exact same colour as the scarf knotted around her neck.  She looks ridiculously eccentric.  She tells me that she is on her way to get married to someone she has never met before.  We finally arrive and the doors of the train open onto an ice rink.  We have to cross the ice rink to get out and as she skate across the ice, we bump into a friend of Megans, who tries to persuade her to go to a halloween party with her, purposely excluding myself and my sister.  I push her over and she skids all the way to the other side of the rink on her behind (because you can do that in dreams).

Just as we leave the rink, I realise I left my bag on the train.  Megan things this is hilarious and my sister has to lend me the 50c fee to skate across the ice again to get it.  We finally leave the rink and there are millions of people outside.  Megan finds her husband-to-be and they discover that they had been at the same party, two years ago. They get married five minutes later in a tiny Japanese garden in the middle of the city.  The guy is obviously in love with someone else, not even looking at Megan while he's saying his vows but rather a little Asian girl hiding behind a tree in the back of the garden.  Megan just laughs hysterically throughout the entire service.

No comments:

Post a Comment