Sunday, October 25, 2009

Casablanca gets put on Schindler's List

*Dream from the eve of March 3rd, 2008*

We are in the middle of the Second World War.  I'm travelling to Australia with my new fiance in first class.  My fiance is Jimmy from Emmerdale and yes, he is a good twenty years older than me.  We arrive in Australia and it is more like Morocco, blazing hot desert heat with wild sand storms and people walking around with Arabian head-gear on.  The streets are filled with punget smells and colourful tents, with turbaned men selling spices and spirits and souls.  We stop at an Asian convenience shop and a dating couple from church are working there.  They see my massive engagement rock and David immediately asks how much it cost, while Nadia starts pointing out cheaper alternatives (a variety of plastic rings from a bubble gum machine).

The next thing, I wake up in a hotel room dressed in a satiny red dress.  Jimmy comes into the room and stands in the bathroom, buttoning his cufflinks.  His woodsy aftershave fills the room with his scent.  There is a knock at the door and the next minute, fifteen Nazis come barging into the room and order us to clear out immediately.  The roof of the room is lifted off and soldier stand on top of the walls, aiming AK-47s at us.  The room starts to quickly fill with sand, covering everything like white snow.  It fills the room fast and I'm soon stuck to the bed, unable to move from the weight of the sand.  Buried in white sand in my new red dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment